US President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that Iran must immediately stop sending military supplies to Yemen’s Houthi militia and let the group “fight it out themselves.”

In a post on Truth Social, Trump added that US strikes on The Houthis “will get progressively worse,” and that “they will be completely annihilated!”

Strikes hit a Houthi stronghold in Yemeni capital of Sanaa on Wednesday, three residents told Reuters.

The strikes hit a neighborhood close to the capital’s airport, the residents said.

The strikes come after the US launched a wave of strikes in areas of Yemen controlled by the Iran-aligned Houthis, who said last week they were resuming attacks on Red Sea shipping to support Palestinians in Gaza.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *